All individuals share the responsibility for protecting children from sexual abuse.
The prevention of child sexual abuse is the responsibility of every adult in a child’s life. Adults who receive training are better equipped to make better choices as it relates to the safety of their children or the children they serve. It is a lack of training that often leads to adults unwittingly putting the children under their care in danger.
Here are some things YOU can do:
- Know the facts and understand the risk.
- Insist on policies for any organization that serves your child.
- Learn the signs of a child who is or has been abused.
- Have the courage to act on suspicion or a disclosure to protect that child.
- Attend a Stewards of Children training in your area. We can help you identify facilitators in your area of the country.
- Sign up for our newsletter.